Our Weekly Photography Google+ Theme Recognition Winner has won a complimentary large print of her winning picture from our sponsor, Vivyx Printing!
Also, as a weekly winner, he is in the running for the monthly Grand Prize of a $100 print credit with Vivyx Printing. The next monthly Grand Prize winner will be announced at our next PAC meeting on January 11, 2014.
Week (48) Google+ Themes & Winners
Winning Photographer -Rob Turchick - Mesa, Arizona-Professional Photographer http://www.yipdogstudios.com
Camera you used to make your winning picture:
ISO/Shutter Speed/Focal Length/f-stop?
ISO 100 1/125 420mm f4.5
- Iceman let’s buzz the tower!
- This is a really nice image. But the texture pattern from the heat, really completes this shot.
- Nice landing shot. Love the jet wash, but also like how the wing configuration (full flaps) shows more dimension than typical and you can also see the stress on the landing gear. Frozen motion. =)
- There are a lot of airplane photos but this one brings the wings to life with the engines lit up, perfectly framed by the colors of the horizon.
- Great image…I like everything about this shot. You can hear the roar of the engine and feel the heat
- Really good photo. Every aspect is exposed fantastically even with some tough light going on such as the sky, engine exhaust, and the plane itself.
- Love it! colors are beautiful…jet fuel is way too cool!
- This was taken during the February 2013 photo call at MCAS El Centro. The plane is an Boeing F-18 Hornet. This was one of the last planes to leave that day. It was very cold and the blast from 44,000 lbs of full afterburner thrust felt quite good as it almost knocked me over!
Congratulations again, Rob!!
Please comment on this post to show our two PAC Weekly Photography Theme Recognition winner some love! Also, don’t forget to take some time to check out the other awesome themed photos, on Google+ and on Facebook, get inspired to go out and shoot!
Click here to learn how to be considered for these PAC Theme Contests!
~ (Tim) – PAC Volunteer